Steeltown Coffee & Tea is an excellent venue (check out their site). I played a mixed set of original music, arrangements and covers.
1. 59th Bridge Street Song (Simon & Garfunkel)
3. Caesar’s Lament
4. On & On and Everywhere
5. I Saw a Man Pursuing the Horizon, by Stephen Crane
6. Heart of Gold (arrangement)
7. A Dream Within a Dream, by Edgar Allan Poe
8. L’Envoi, by Edwin Arlington Robison
9. I Need You
10. Rain in my Heart, by Edgar Lee Masters
11. Sympathy, by Paul Laurence Dunbar
12. A Day of Peace
13. The Helping Hand, by Edgar Lee Masters
14. Behind Blue Eyes (The Who)
15. Walking Too Close to the Edge
16. Old Man Jack
17. I For You
All songs original, unless otherwise indicated. Poems adapted for music include poet’s name.
[wpaudio url=”http://wanderingpoet.com/audio01/2011-10-15-Steeltown/I-Saw.mp3″ text=”I Saw a Man Pursuing the Horizon, by Stephen Crane” dl=”0″]
[wpaudio url=”http://wanderingpoet.com/audio01/2011-10-15-Steeltown/Rain.mp3″ text=”Rain in my Heart, by Edgar Lee Masters” dl=”0″]
[wpaudio url=”http://wanderingpoet.com/audio01/2011-10-15-Steeltown/Heart.mp3″ text=”Heart of Gold (arrangement of Greensleeves)” dl=”0″]
[wpaudio url=”http://wanderingpoet.com/audio01/2011-10-15-Steeltown/2011-10-15-Steeltown.mp3″ text=”Mark Adams, Live at Steeltown, Oct. 15, 2011 — the entire set (large download)” dl=”0″]
© 2011, Mark Adams. All rights reserved.